Monday, December 17, 2012

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?

I am easing back into the meme game by doing the It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? meme. This run by Sheila at Book Journey. The meme is to let others know what you are currently reading, thoughts on it and a teaser quote. I will also discuss my where my reviews are at and anything effecting my reading week.

Well I didn't get much reading in due to moving twice in the space of a week and have been working extra hours to make up the time I took off from work to move. Phew busy, busy, busy. But I made sure my Christmas tree was one of the FIRST things unpacked. I have my priorities.

So reading wise I finished Elemental: The First, and started Animal Attraction.

Elemental: The First



"The tears were slipping, tears of how much I missed my family, tears of desperation for Jez. I couldn't stop them, so I let them slide. I bowed my head, hoping my hair would hide my face, but Morgan noticed. His arm was around my shoulders in seconds and he pulled me closer."

This book didn't wow me but it was not a bad read. It had a strong story towards the end which was good. If I had known this was a part book when I started I may have enjoyed it more while I was reading.






Animal Attraction by Jill Shalvis



“Come on, baby,” he murmured. “Give it up for me. You know you want to.” Jade Bennett did her best to ignore the way the low, sexy voice made her shiver. Besides, it wasn’t aimed at her. Dr. Dell Connelly; dog whisperer, cat whisperer, horse whisperer, and known woman whisperer … was talking to a stray kitten."


So glad to be revisiting the inhabitants of Belle Have Sunshine Idaho and in particular the owners of Belle Haven Animal Shelter. I loved the first book in the series so was keen to read book two. In this book we follow Dell and Jade. Only a few pages in and already the sparks are flying.


Reviews This Week
Got my reviwers groove on this weekend (some how around moving). To be honest these reviews were mostly written just needed the last bit of editing and reviewing. Keep your eyes out for 3 reviews coming this week starting with:

  • Elemental: The First by Alexandra May
  • The Second Empress: A Novel of Napoleon's Court by Michelle Moran 
  • Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas.

Reviews On Their Way
Thought I should separate this one. Still chipping away at my back log of reviews.
  • The Wanderer by Pippa Dee 
  • The Hourglass by Myra McEntire 
  • The Death Cure by James Dashner 
  • Animal Magnetism by Jill Shalvis
Recent Posts and Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment