Monday, December 10, 2012

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?

I am easing back into the meme game by doing the It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? meme. This run by Sheila at Book Journey. The meme is to let others know what you are currently reading, thoughts on it and a teaser quote. I have also tacked on a review status.

I can't guarantee doing it every Monday but I am keen to try. I miss doing meme's.

Reading This Week

Elemental: The First by Alexandra May



This is my first Netgalley book so I am very excited (Sad but true. Even more sad is how long it took me to work out how to even use Netgalley *hangs head in shame*).

So far the book stills to be in the "setting up phase" introducing the characters and the story line. The story and concept is interesting, but I have found the writing a little bit slowish. However now I am at Chapter 4 things have started to happen. Plus I should not have read the part where she wakes up to scary noises on the roof and the door flying open by itself during the night time.
"I sat up and stared through the iron bed bars to the door handle; it rattled and shook, then slowly turned. Deep dread filled me once more. I gulped, my breathing erratic, but I jumped again as the door flew open.There was nothing there"
I tell you what if that had been me there would have been no sitting there staring quietly at the door. There would have been a lot more screaming, a lot more "oh hell no ghostie" as I tried to block the door (because you know if it is rattling the door to get in, then if you block the door it can't get in. Who says I am not logical), and quite possibly uncontrolled sobbing. All of these not necessarily in that order.

Reviews This Week
Finished and scheduled Blood Storm by Rhiannon Hart. Watch this space it will be up on Friday.

Still working on the back log from my holidays. Just polishing and finalising so I am happy with them. I gotta just pull my socks up and get them finished! Gosh seeing them listed here has kicked my butt into gear as I realise how behind I actually am.
  • The Wanderer by Pippa Dee
  • The Hourglass by Myra McEntire
  • The Second Empress: A Novel of Napoleon's Court by Michelle Moran
  • The Death Cure by James Dashner
  • Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas
Recent Posts and Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment